Pages

Thursday 16 March 2017

Food for Thought

This post is going to be very short and sweet, just a little food for thought from me.

*

  What does it mean to have faith like a mustard seed?  For me I would say to have faith like a mustard seed is to take risks when God says "go", and to remember that when things in life don't make sense, it's part of God's plan. I've started re-reading the new testament from the beginning, I love starting books in the bible over again because I always see new things I had never noticed before.  For example in Matthew 4, God calls the disciples to come and follow him. Jesus says "come" and they don't even say anything back, they just go and follow him. They don't stop and ask "why," ask what the salary of a disciple is, how many vacation days they would get, they just follow him. Talk about having faith like a mustard seed. 
   At last weeks team meeting, we talked about the expectations we had when we arrived to Spain, of what this experience would include. Honestly I didn't think I had expectations before coming. But the more we talked about it, I realized I had more expectations then I even realized. This made me wonder if the disciples had expectations when they decided to drop everything and follow Jesus, were they ever disappointed with what they got? 

My food for thought is: 
If Jesus called you today to follow him, no matter where and to do anything he wanted, could you drop everything and go? 

What are the things in your life that would hold you back from easily following him?



No comments:

Post a Comment